Thursday, December 21, 2006

Got Blood?


This time three years ago I was plowing through a horrendous snow storm. and I was reminded of that fact just yesterday as I went to take some blood to the hospital from Canadian blood services. Our company has a contract to transport blood up the hill to the hospital, we only get $4 for the short trip but we are doing our part to help.

Three years ago I took kidneys for transplant to the Hospital in Halifax normally a 4 hour drive, the trip took me 7 hours I took a friend with me and we made the run and returned to saint John safe and sound. The story hit the papers and made the news every were in Canada. I am reminded of it every year around Christmas. Rightly so the story made it into a book as well and you can see it online at Amazing Stories. I love that I got the chance to do my part and I still get to from time to time in the cab.

6 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

Great story!

saintjohncabbie said...

Thanks

e.war said...

hey,
L-dawg

nice job... hey guess who got a wireless card for her pc this x-mas
!!!!!!

now i can blog all the time

e.war said...

liam, you are bring a bad blogger

Eugene Salomon said...

Wow, great story! What kind of a vehicle were you driving?

Paradise Driver said...

Are you going to continue posting? Been a hell of a long time since your last one.