Monday, November 20, 2006

Addictions


More of the same being the first of the week. Slow Even for a Monday. But by midnight I had a few more bucks in than I did on Sunday so all is good. I want to post pictures here as much as I can, to give you a good look at my world. So shown here, you see a picture of me holding what I call “Wake up Juice” No Fear by sobe is what it actually is, it’s a high caffeine energy drink that keeps you going at the worst of times. To be a Cabbie and drive as much as I do, you need to be alert 100% of the time, and after 12 hours or so you really need a way to keep you firing on all cylinders.

I drink one of these when I need to be awake and it really does work. Tastes like rotten cranberry Juice but you get used to the taste to be able to reap the benefits of the drink.

Many would describe this as some sort of drug addiction. As you do find you body wanting it. But I don’t drink coffee. And all the Hacks I know do, so I guess I am just substituting for the 14 cups of coffee other people tend to drink in a shift.

A benefit to not drinking a whole lot is, clear, the less you drink the less you PEE. A good thing when driving cab, trust me as many a dark alley and road side bushes can attest to.

I Picked up a crack head this evening and took him to the new drug house near my house of all great places for them to set up shop, needless to say I ended up going all over the place for ½ the fare. Still I cribbed the call and I made 10 bucks.


Crack heads only have one thing on their mind that’s Crack, Getting the fare for the taxi driver always comes second. And if they don’t get what they want at the first house, you end up taking them all over the place looking for their drug. Some are good and want to pay you up front, and if your keen you’ll remember the faces of the bad ones and get the money up front but 9 times out of ten you’ll forget and your already waiting for them to come out of the crack shack with your money by the time you realize that’s who your dealing with.

Shady they may be, but sometimes you can make good money from them.

2 comments:

F.B. Cabby said...

Your blog is off to a good start!Just keep posting, if your job is like mine, there are no end to the stories! nice to see there are other taxi blogs in my neck of the world.I added you to my blogroll.

saintjohncabbie said...

Thanks freddy